Conditions Treated at Reeve-Woods Eye Center
Residents in and around Chico and Paradise can depend on the optometrists at Reeve-Woods Eye Center to treat most vision problems experienced by you or your loved ones.
Your Reeve-Woods optometrist has advanced training and state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment technology. The eye doctor can conduct surgical or non-surgical treatments to address a multitude of conditions ranging from dry eye to glaucoma. Here are some of the more common disorders we treat:
- Blepharitis -- This eyelid inflammation, marked by itchy eyes, a gritty feel or burning or stinging sensation, can be caused by dry eyes, a bacterial or fungal infection or other causes.
- Cataracts -- This often age-related condition results in a cloudy vision or glare due to a defective lens, which can be replaced.
- Diabetic retinopathy -- The high blood sugar condition that marks diabetes can also cause a set of eye diseases in which blood vessels in the retina begin to bulge and can eventually leak and can cause serious vision damage.
- Glaucoma -- This serious eye disease is caused by a fluid buildup that puts pressure on the optic nerve until it’s permanently damaged. If not treated, glaucoma can lead to vision loss in one or both eyes.
- Macular degeneration -- This gradual degradation in vision is age-related and due to damage over time to the macula, which is the central part of the retina.
- Astigmatism -- This disorder resulting in blurry vision is caused by the individual’s less-than-spherical eye shape. It’s quite common, and most people who develop astigmatism were born with the disorder.
- Diplopia -- This condition, better known as double vision, can have many causes, some of which can be quite serious. That’s why it’s important to make an appointment with an optometrist immediately when you experience double vision.
These listed conditions are in addition to the many other vision disorders we see and correct regularly. We’ve treated everything from sports eye injuries to irritating inflammation from a variety of causes.
Call Today, Treatments Available
Vision problems aren’t simply something you must learn to put up with. What’s important to remember is that your optometry professionals at Reeve-Woods Eye Clinic have effective treatment options available to correct or improve your vision. That’s why your next move should be to call us for an appointment today.
You can call (530) 899-2244 for our Chico office and 530-968-6583 for our Paradise location today to set up an appointment with a trusted Reeve-Woods eye doctor. Or fill out and submit our online form here.